Migrating MS office Outlook 2007 to a new laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JulianWillson

I've searched for a solution to this and am having no luck so far but my old hp laptop has just died and although I had bought the full MS office outlook 2007 prog and although still have the activation key but it doesn't work with new trial downloads.

Am I being dumb and the license is only for the one use on one laptop ever? Because thats hardly reasonable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I hit a brickwall with outlook help.
I have had to download MS office 2007 and not just the outlook portion. Could that be the reason? I can't find the individual program as a download. I originally paid for the trial version on the hp to be activated.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is this "Activation Key" that you have?

On all of the machines that I have install Office including Outlook, all that is required is the KEY code on installation, and then use the Activate wizard within and Office product. This wizard will always pop up on the first start of any Office product.

Yes, some versions of MS products are limited to only one machine, but when you do a activation, there is a phone number in which you can call and explain that you are moving to a new machine and they (Microsoft) will help you out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online