Migrating Visual Studio .NET 2002 to Visual Studio .NET 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soulfly

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the visual studio .net 2002. Is there any downloadable patches or upgrades to support a file that is being written / coded from visual studio .net 2003 to visual studio .net 2002?

My friend and I discovered lately that when you create a project (e.g. vb .net win app) in vb.net 2003 then save it and you want to open it again but in vb.net 2002, the project you created using vb.net 2003 cannot be opened using vb.net 2002.

On the other side, when you try to create and save a project in vb.net 2002 and you try opening it in vb.net 2003, there is really no problem, cause vb.net 2003 will convert a project (a message will prompt you and will give you a choice if that project should be converted) that was save under vb.net 2002.

Anyway, is there any updates of visual studio .net supporting projects that was created on vb.net 2003 and opening those project(s) using vb.net 2002?

Any help is highly appreciated.

i had this problem the other week (downloaded an article from codeproject or codeguru, but wouldnt load in 2002), im not sure of any patches that will fix the problem, but there is a work around if you dont mind altering certain project files.

The problem is with ProductVersion within the .csproj files, they are different between 2002 and 2003. If you alter them to the previous version they will then loadup. You may also need to alter the .sln file as well (again compare a 2002 ver that loads and the 2003 ver). Not giving any promises about it working, but it did work with the project i had.

I guess it would be quite easy to write a little utility that would go through a project and alter the said files. Dont know how many people would find use of it though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online