Migration from Outlook expr to Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yahuv

I have been using Outlook express and to use some features in outlook I decided to switch to Outlook. How can I move the email messages that I have already downloaded to Outlook Express? I have also realized that the address books both programs are using are different. And when I right click on the emails Outlook doesnt have the option to add to the address book. Is ther a way to add this on the right click menu?

thanks.

I believe you can Export the messages from Outlook Express into Outlook. Just create your Outlook profile first and it should detect this.

The Contacts are exported to a text file and then imported into Outlook.

yahuv

Thanks Bob, I have imported both the messages and the addressbook. Now I ended up with a different prob. I have over 4000 messages and they are duplicated in my folders. Any easy way to clean the duplicate messages?

Since it is a new Outlook configuration, you might delete what you have and start the importing over again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online