Mild Annoyance with Dial-Up Networking + Speakerphone Audio..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BioStormX

Windows 98, SE

Every time I start connecting to my ISP in Dial-Up Networking, the Speakerphone audio turns back on, but the mute check stays checked. I can go into my master volume and uncheck it than recheck it, and the connecting sounds stop, but is there any way to stop it from starting the noise to begin with? The noise bugs me, and I'm often listening to music so it just interferes.. Thanks for any help you can give me!

IMM

Try adding ATL0 (that's ell zero) or adding L0 to an existing string in the extra settings section of the modem properties. M0 may also work. Do you have a manual for the modem?

BioStormX

Nope, didn't come with my PC..

I can't try it now, but I'll try it later and let you know how it worked out. Thanks!

IMM

Depending on what version of DUN that is and your modem's inf - there may also be simply a checkbox you can use to control the same settings if you get to the modem properties through the DUN connection.

IMM

Us old buggers who ran 300 and 1200 baud modems manually and recall (foggily) some of the Hayes set are occasionally handy :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online