1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mild Annoyance with Dial-Up Networking + Speakerphone Audio..

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by BioStormX, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BioStormX

BioStormX Thread Starter

Windows 98, SE

Every time I start connecting to my ISP in Dial-Up Networking, the Speakerphone audio turns back on, but the mute check stays checked. I can go into my master volume and uncheck it than recheck it, and the connecting sounds stop, but is there any way to stop it from starting the noise to begin with? The noise bugs me, and I'm often listening to music so it just interferes.. Thanks for any help you can give me!

2. IMM

IMM

Try adding ATL0 (that's ell zero) or adding L0 to an existing string in the extra settings section of the modem properties. M0 may also work. Do you have a manual for the modem?

3. BioStormX

BioStormX Thread Starter

Nope, didn't come with my PC..

I can't try it now, but I'll try it later and let you know how it worked out. Thanks!

4. IMM

IMM

Depending on what version of DUN that is and your modem's inf - there may also be simply a checkbox you can use to control the same settings if you get to the modem properties through the DUN connection.

5. BioStormX

BioStormX Thread Starter

Well, I tried M0, it worked fine. Thanks for your help! :D

6. IMM

IMM

Us old buggers who ran 300 and 1200 baud modems manually and recall (foggily) some of the Hayes set are occasionally handy :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice