Mime Format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mustang Lady

Recently I forwarded an email message w/picture attachment from my floppy disk. The receiver could not open open it because it was sent in Mime format. How do I change this? Is this really the reason it couldn't be opened?

Mustang Lady
MIME format (Multi-purpose Internet Mail Extension) is set by using the Rich text html setting in OE. Using MIME allows you to send pics and hyperlinks. The other option is plain text. If the receipent is unable to open the attachment it may be due to two things. Either there E-Mail program cannot handle MIME/Rich text
format or they have their setting set to plain text.
Dave

Good to hear you got it solved!
Nothing like getting attachments you cannot open.
Dave:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online