1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

min specs for Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Paulcopy, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paulcopy

Paulcopy Thread Starter

Hi,
    Been a while since I've been on, so xp running good for me now. Time for an upgrade........ Headache or no major worries:eek:

system specs: amd athlon 1800+
    asrock k7vt2
    agp nvidia geforce 5200 128 mb
    1 Gb pc 2100 non ecc
    xp pro sp2 for now
    Dial Up ! wooo hooo!
    thx for replies
    Paulcopy

2. MySeN

MySeN

To be honest, i wouldn't install vista with that spec. Stick with XP, honestly, i only joined up to this forum last week and i can see already how many problems people have had with Vista. It's really is not worth the hassel.

3. Paulcopy

Paulcopy Thread Starter

I heard that! used to hate being Gates' test bed, but is my setup just too behind the curve to run it?
    btw thx for the rep.

4. MySeN

MySeN

Well one good thing about Vista is when you install it it bench marks your system to see how good it is. After doing that it will only install what your pc/laptop can handle. but still Vista is a very beefy (to put it in technical terms) OS. you processer simply isn't fast enough and you will need more the 1GB RAM (at least 2gb!).

5. Paulcopy

Paulcopy Thread Starter

maybe more than 1 or 2 bottlenecks, huh. that's about my luck, if you upgraded say the mobo/cpu/ ram what would be a fair combo (cheap)?

thx for your replies
    Paulcopy:cool:

6. MySeN

MySeN

lol! umm to be honest i'm not sure about general prices at the moment. has been a while since i looked but i know Intel have made a good 2.4 dual core 2 duo CPU, you would also need 2GB DDR2 and mother board i guess depends on what kind of user you are. General bit of surfing email etc, hard core gamer or downloader?

MySeN

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Stay with XP, this hardware is too old I'm afraid...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice