1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mind games

Discussion in 'Games' started by natb3, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natb3

natb3 Thread Starter

I prefer puzzle or word games over mindless shoot'em ups or finger tiring arcade games. Mind games can keep me entertained for hours whereas mindless reflex games usually last about 5 minutes. Therefore I'm requesting all those who enjoy mind games to list their favorite here. It can be any game either freeware or commercial. Most importantly the game should require at least some thinking and be playable (not ridiculously hard). It can be a word game or a thinking/strategy game. If possible perhaps you can even provide a link to the game. Thanks very much to all intelligent players who would like to share their thoughts here.

Natb

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

3. Volk

Volk

mmorpgs.. can be mind games.. like some quests are preaty tough, if you dont look on the net. :eek:

4. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

If you want commercial products too, I would suggest adventure games such as the Myst series (Myst, Riven: the Sequel to Myst, Myst III: Exile, Myst IV: Revelation, and Myst V: End of Ages, as well as Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, and its expansions To D'ni and Path of the Shell). Also, Syberia has been discussed to great length here already.

I'd suggest Schizm: Mysterious Journey, but it's stupidly hard and has way too much math involved for my mind. :D

Strategy games: I'm assuming you prefer turn-based, so there's the obvious Civilization games, Alpha Centauri, and Master of Orion 2, as well as Space Empires 4. Also, check out Steel Panthers: World at War. It's a marvelous remake of an excellent game, and it's free. I just don't have the link handy.

5. rob821

rob821

Try Tantrix. It's a tile based game and you can play the computerised bots on-line, or play real people from around the world. A classic 5 minutes to understand, lifetime to master type game. And it's free to play online at Tantrix.com.

6. natb3

natb3 Thread Starter

WOW! Lots of great suggestions. I'm going to try a lot of these games that many of you have suggested here. The only exception might be the war games. I've tried a few and I personally do not find them all that appealing. But thank you all for the suggestions. More specifically I like games similar to chess, turn based board games and many card games (especially Bridge). So please continue with your suggestions.

Natb

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice