1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

minecraft bad video drivers

Discussion in 'Games' started by jr8125, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr8125

jr8125 Thread Starter

i just loaded windows 8 on my sons laptop from Vista and he wants to play minecraft... got minecraft loaded but I get bad video drivers error message... looked on line and found some recommendations with older versions of windows where you go into device manager, settings, advance settings, troubleshoot and slide the hardware acceleration bar to the middle.... i can't seem to locate that function on Windows 8 , not sure if that will even solve the problem.

display adapter is an Intel 945 chipset and according to device manager I have the latest driver.. when I go to Intel's site to confirm that, it sends me to download some dopey device manager program that locks up :eek:

so, anyone have any suggestions?

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

From what I see after googling Minecraft on windows 8.. It's just not supported.
    There is an alternative called Block World or something that works on Windows 8.
    It's one of those, the operating system is ahead of hardware issues.
    Windows 8 is so new that many developers are still working on updates.
    If that quote is true, minecraft may not work on Windows 8 at all.. unless someone figures some serious tweaks.

Also a thought. Have you installed Java? I think minecraft uses java to run, maybe after the update you need to reinstall Java.

3. Manianjwz

Manianjwz

I suggest you should try out this website: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
    It provides you with the requirements needed for all sorts of games (minecraft included) If you see a red mark on a part in your computer, you can see where to look for an eventual upgrade

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice