[Minecraft] Impossible to connect to any modded server!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dalenacio

So here's the thing: I can connect to any Vanilla servers just fine. Not a single solitary problem on that front. However, when I try to connect to a modpack server, like any FTB or Technic Launcher server, no go, I get this:

The modpack itself opens, and I can run it in Singleplayer just fine, but it's only launching a server that has been giving me trouble.
I have tried with Tekkit Classic that always stays in the same version (1.2.5 I think?), and that didn't work either, although it did before. I've got no idea what changed in the meanwhile.

I have already tried connecting to Vanilla using the Technic Launcher, and it played fine, so I don't think it's the launchers. However, it seems like any modpack server just won't work for me.

Does anyone know anything about this problem? I would be extremely grateful if you could be any help! I've already posted this question on 6 different forums, but either I got no answer, or the usual standard answers (e.g: "Check if you spelled the server IP right") didn't work!

My relevant specs (i'll add some as I think of them or they are requested of me):

64-bit java, latest version

texasbullet

Ramon
My daughter used to play this video on my computer and kept on getting some kind of a message of an earlier version of Java. We installed it and it worked without any issues.

dalenacio

I'll have to try that tomorrow, But I doubt it's going to work. Who knows, though? Maybe the problem was this simple all along! I honestly hope so, despite the copious amounts of self-kicks I will be performing for not thinking of that one sooner.

dalenacio

Sorry for the delay! I have updated my Java to the latest version, but no change. Nothing. It's still exactly the same as before. Any other ideas?

texasbullet

Ramon
What I mean was that I had to uninstall Java and look and install an old update of Java 1.2.5 and after installing it I just updated the java into the newer version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online