1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Minecraft/Java crashes when I try to record my gameplay

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adam42Almighty, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adam42Almighty

Adam42Almighty Thread Starter

I recently got my new pc (Yay!) which has Windows 8 64bit on it. I got the latest Java 32 and 64bits and got the latest driver for graphics card. But when I try to record minecraft with FRAPs it just... crashes.. :(

Heres the error log i luckily got when i crashed while trying to record some Voltz.

Attached Files:

2. ErvilMendez

ErvilMendez

Try reinstalling java or running minecraft as an administrator.
    Or you can try delete META-INF in the minecraft .bin folder,but I am not sure if that will fix it.

Make sure that when you are recording with fraps you have nothing else opened apart from minecraft and fraps..

Not sure if these methods will work for you but they have worked for me in the past.

3. Adam42Almighty

For some reason I discovered that I can record perfectly fine with Normal render distance. When I try to record with Far render distance or any other distance Java just dies on me. Minecraft says it needs 64bit Java for Far Render distance so could this maybe be FRAPS not liking 64bit or something? Very weird.

4. ErvilMendez

ErvilMendez

If you have a 64 bit computer download the 64 bit java.
    Or if you have 32 bit computer then wont be able to run far distance very well on minecraft.

5. Robsy128

Robsy128

There are a lot of software problems with Windows 8 still. I know that's not a very helpful answer, but it is a poor OS.

Perhaps you could try running optifine with it? That might help a bit.

6. Adam42Almighty

I am using 64bit Java and Optifine but if i record in anything above Normal render distance Java just dies.

7. Robsy128

Robsy128

If you right-click on the taskbar and open task manager. Then click on processes, right-click on Java.exe and set the priority to High or Realtime. Does that help at all?

What hardware are you using? What graphics card do you have? Minecraft may look like a simple game, but it can require a beast to run sometimes (especially on max settings!)

8. Adam42Almighty

I've i5 Quad Core, 8GB RAM and the GTX660. Pretty sure thats beasty enough ;D
    But i will try setting priority to test that.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice