Minecraft on MacBook Air

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Charitylynn55

I have a 2011 MacBook Air - model A1369. I want to gift it to my daughter for Christmas and one of the main games she wants a laptop for is to play Minecraft. I found the Minecraft Java version that I can purchase but before I do, I wanted to ensure that it will work on this laptop. Thank you!

Attachments

Couriant

James
Hello! Unfortunately the Minecraft site doesn't show the requirements for Mac machines specifically, but based from the Intel CPU as the minimum, it looks like it is underpowered. On their site they do suggest to try the demo to see if it will work. You need to be on 10.9 (Maverick) or newer macOS too.

You can try it for free to see by going to the Free Trial link from Minecraft and see how well it will run.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online