1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mini computer dead

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by roncology, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roncology

roncology Thread Starter

just bought a mini computer t-7 running windows 10. after doing all the necessary new setups when 1st turned on , it asked to update Microsoft edge. when i clicked on it , the computer went blank . tried hitting reset button, tried holding in power button , nothing happens. only little blue indicator lights come on. tried reaching out to company in china, (NewFrog) they have no clue,
    any advice appreciated thanks Ron

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You clicked something bad, never heard of an Edge only update. Usually there are cumulative bi-monthly/monthly updates which arre one download which holds everything.

Go get the MS Media Creation Tool . Use it to generate a DVD/USB stick. Boot with it and re-install Windows.

3. roncology

roncology Thread Starter

thank you so much for reply. i already created a windows 10 stick when i converted my Lenovo laptop from windows 7 to 10. is it okay to use that? probably tap f10? thanks again Ron.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you have already created the USB stick, then use it.
    Different laptops assign different keys to choose boot order of devices.

5. roncology

roncology Thread Starter

thank you for all the advise, but unfortunatly, still dead, wont turn on, only little blue light comes on, tried reset button holding power button, still nothing . will try reaching out to New frog again see if i can return it its only 1 month old.

6. roncology

roncology Thread Starter

still have issues with my T-7 mini computer still dead only blue indicator light comes on , any ideas? thanks.

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

Take out the CMOS battery, wait 15 mins, put it back in. See if you can get into the bios to set boot order .

8. roncology

roncology Thread Starter

took it apart could not find a battery. only a big heat sink and ports for the periferals will try to post a pix.

9. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Might be the graphics card that is defective. If still under warranty send it for repair or exchange.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice