1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mini SD write protect error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mehmood115, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehmood115

mehmood115 Thread Starter

Hi there

My mini SD card is write protected somehow now I cant format the card it shows me the error the Disk is write-Protect!!!. I have tried many tools inlcuding disk management format, low level format but I failed to recover my mini SD card and other solution anyone have here please tell me and do remember there is not any kind of switch for write protection I think its the virus who coded the MBR for write protection.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you are using it in a larger SD card adapter, try a different one.

But those cards do not last very long. It is possible that it has simply failed. It is also common with those small ones for them not to make complete connections. Try using a different adapter, too.

If you use the HP USB Disk Format Tool on it, even though it doesn't say so, the tool removes the partition on the drive and creates a new one before formatting. Though an MBR lock like you mention is not likely the problem, that tool will replace it.

Or try SDFormatter. You will need to install a driver from Microsoft to format the larger capacity cards like the 128 GB and 256 GB ones - SDXC exFAT.

3. mehmood115

mehmood115 Thread Starter

I'm not using any adapter because I'm using it in my mobile phone and my card capacity is 2GB only. Right now I'm using it with card reader to solve my problem. As you recommended me these two softwares HP USB disk Storage Format Tool and SDFormatter both were failed to solved my problem, it shows me same error Device Media is Write-Protect. I have one software through which I did repair my USB with same error and the Tool name is Repair v2.9.1, but this software is not detecting my card reader it only detect flash drive. So I'm stuck here and dont know what should I do. Is there any way that my card reader act like a flash drive ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice