1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Minidisc player?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kwill, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kwill

kwill Thread Starter

Hey there.
    Didnt really know what section to put this under, but hey.

I jsut got a minidisc player, and after reading instructions thousands of times, I really cant find a way for the minidisc to change tracks when the CD changes tracks.....It keeps on recording a whole album onto track 1......

Anyone haev any ideas?
    Thanks

Kieran

PS I have a Sharp MD-MT270H

2. winbob

winbob

Kwill,

I'm sorta confused by the wording of your question??? What device is doing the recording?

Also, if you record a music CD as a single session it WILL appear to be only one track, and you will not be able to "jump" from song to song. The CD will LOGICALLY contain only one song...which is the entire album.

Check the Instructions for your recording software on how to put down individual songs as separate "tracks". That will allow you to skip over a complete song at once, and see the songs separately indexed.

3. kwill

kwill Thread Starter

hey
    yeah im using a DVD player coz thats the only thing that has aux out in my hosue......
    i would have thought they would have made it easier to change tracks tho, coz if i wanted to listen to track 3 or something id have to fast forward it to the correct secodns........i reaelly cant find ir in the instructions tho.....

4. winbob

winbob

Kwill,
    I found this description that may clear up your question:

Making tracks
    Unlike a CD filled with computer files, a CD filled with music (CD-DA - CD-Digital Audio, or simply an 'audio CD') is treated differently. First, a computer - be it a PC or CD player - knows that the files contain audio data for playback purposes and second, the files can't be copied simply by dragging and dropping them.

When it comes to creating an audio CD, there's an additional point to bear in mind. All CD recording software offers two options to create an audio CD: track-at-once and disc-at-once.

Track-at-once writes each music track individually and turns off the laser beam between each one. This results in a two-second gap between each track. Disc-at-once writes all of the tracks in one go, without turning off the laser.

This means that the gaps between tracks can be any length you like or there can be no gap at all and the CD recording software should let you specify your preference.

5. kwill

kwill Thread Starter

ah rite
    thanks alot

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/267801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice