1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MiniDisc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mercier02, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mercier02

Mercier02 Thread Starter

I need to find a way to get the recorded files from the minidisc to my computer so that i'd beable to burn them and give them to some people(so that they could play it like a regular cd or at least use their computer to play it)I tried plugging the line cable into the mic jack on the back of my computer but that didn't work to well since the program the comes with windows doesn't record to long. Is there another recorder that i could download that is able to record longer? Is there anyother way to get it on to my computer.

I'm trying to give some people the stuff i secretly recorded in a staff meeting and it is very important.

Thanks for any help.

2. deuce

deuce

Do you have a Creative sound card? They sell an accessory to their sound cards (it comes with the Augidy Platinum and Live! Platinum) for I think $30 or so and it has an optical in and out especially meant for minidiscs. It comes with some pretty good software. Also, Sony makes a computer to MD interface that you can easily transfer recordings with. Otherwise, I haven't had much luck either trying to record through the analog onto my computer so I wouldn't be able to help ya there.

3. Mercier02

Mercier02 Thread Starter

I have a PCLINK that hooks the MiniDisk player up to the computer but it's only for transfering sound from your computer to your minidisk. It also came with the optical but that is the same...only to record on the minidisc

Thanks for trying to help:)

4. deuce

deuce

Oh... ok. Well sorry I don't know of any recording programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/71734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice