1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

minimised screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rudeler, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rudeler

rudeler Thread Starter

when i click on an icon, instead of the page coming up i get a small bar with the x, minimize, and maximize and i have to click max to get the screen. any clues??

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Hello rudeler. :)
    I think that's about as small as a window can go, without disappearing altogether.
    Try hovering your mouse on the edges of the small bar.
    When your pointer becomes a double arrow, left-click and drag the window to a larger size.
    This works on all edges.</font>

3. rudeler

rudeler Thread Starter

this solution made the bar longer, but didn't solve the problem. example: when i clicked on the e-mail thread regarding your original reply, instead of the page coming up all i get is that bar and i have to click maximize for the page to appear.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Try it again and this time drag the window to the full size of the screen. Dont use the maximize button.

5. rudeler

rudeler Thread Starter

doycej thanks so much for your help. the solution to the minimized bar worked great. rudeler

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice