1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Minimizing

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kindler_31, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kindler_31

kindler_31 Thread Starter

Running Windows ME: When I maximize a window, I used to be able to just double click on the program running in the task bar to minimize it (a handy time saver) but as of late this option seems to have disappeared and if I want to minimize the running window I have to either go to the top and click on the minimize icon or right-click and minimize. I would like to know how to make it possible to just double click on it.

2. kindler_31

Recently, (using win ME) when I minimize to the task bar, and make it big again everything is fine, but when i try to minimize by clicking on the program in the task bar it won't. I have to either click the minimize button or use right-click plus minimize. This although not a major problem is buggin me alot. I did a I.E 6 error fix to no avail. Any other Ideas?

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

kindler_31
    Merged two almost identical threads. Please only create one thread per problem. If you need to, add another post to your open thread to move it to the top of list for review.

Thanks Dave

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

kindler_31
    If this problem is relatively recent why not try using system restore to before the time of this event happening.

Dave

5. kindler_31

I thought about doin' that but since im not sure excatly when the problem started ( I was out of town for about 2 1/2 weeks) I can't do that... Any other suggestions?

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

kindler_31
    Wish I did have more ideas on this one but I am plum out of suggestions.
    I will however have one of the registry Guru's take a look at your situation and see if it might be something that nature.

Dave

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

kindler_31
    OK I spoke with one of our resident registry guru's and they feel it is part of the windows shell and not registry related. They also concur the best bet would be to attempt a system restore. You can always go back to todays date if it fails. Just create a manual restore point before attempting.

Dave

8. kindler_31

Well,

Two things.... A) I don't know what a "system restore" is... which means I don't know how to set "points". B) What all will this do to my comp???

9. kindler_31

Well,

Ain't this all fine and dandy!... I just finnished submitting my last post.. Fooling around in properties (I didn't get far enough to press anythign) and then I used my old habit of just clicking on the taskbar to minimize and it WORKED.... Thanx everybody that tried to help... Seems my computer doesn't hate me as much as i thought it did...... Thanx again, and i plan on using this site alot more..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice