minor but irritating volume control problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kisskissbang

Hi all

I have an Acer 800 laptop with XP. When I use the Fn and arrow keys the volume changes. Previously I could also see green bars indicating the volume as I did this.

I installed yahoo messenger (new beta version) and now I cannot see the green bars although the volume does work. I uninstalled messenger but still no luck.

I know its a minor problem but does anyone know how to get the green indicator bars back. I have been unable to do it so far or find anything to help.

Thanks

Mr Kisskissbangbang

This sounds like something proprietary to your machine. It may be a driver function, or it may be controlled by a special function keys program that is specific to your machine model.

Check on the manufacturer's site for a program that controls function keys. What make/model is it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online