1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mircosoft Office 2000 Premium Disk ???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Fac51, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fac51

Fac51 Thread Starter

Ever since I bought my PC (has Windows XP Professional installed) and whenever I "write" e-mails, I get the following displayed on my PC: -

"Preparing to install. Please wait while Microsoft Office 2000 Premium is installed"

Then get:-

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert Microsoft Office 200 Premium Disk and click OK".

I simply press 'cancel' and can then send e-mail's no problem. I also download Word files from work on my home PC and everything is fine.

So, why am I getting these messages and is there anything I can do to put it right once and for all ?????

Thanks in advance.

2. mobo

mobo

Do you have office 2000 on your system ? If so it sounds as if it needs to be reinstalled.

3. Fac51

Fac51 Thread Starter

I do have Microsoft Office 2000 Premium loaded on my PC..it's listed on 'Add/Remove Programs'.

It came already installed with the PC. No seperate disk was supplied with my PC for Mircosoft Office 2000.

If there any way I can repair this 'problem' if I don't have a Mircosoft Office 2000 Premium disk.

:confused:

4. mobo

mobo

I doubt that it is repairable without the cdrom to replace the missing or corrupted file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice