Mirror Laptops with Different Hardware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Waats

Okay, I've done some searching and I followed a tutorial and am very sure I did everything, but it didn't. So I'm gonna ask you guys. :) You have failed me yet so don't let me down!

I have a laptop that is old and a laptop that is new. I want to have the same exact setup (settings, documents, shortcuts, everything) on the new laptop as I do on the old laptop.

I found a tutorial for the program True Image and Sysprep. I purchased True Image and downloaded Sysprep from Microsoft and followed the tutorial. http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#17

The new laptop only hits a blue screen for a split second then restarts.

What do I do?

Waats

Both are running XP Pro SP2 Old laptop has 1.5Ghz Celeron with 256MB ram, and 30GB Hard Drive. New is 2.0Ghz P4 with 512MB ram, and 60GB Hard Drive.

The image I made of the HD was 18GB uncompressed.

XP/SP2 doesn't like being moved around from computer to computer - it's part of the MS anti theft practice - they made the OS that way just to prevent you from doing what you are trying to do.
It will work but you will have to do an XP repair on the computer that has the BSOD and restarts. Then you will have to reactivate it.

Waats

I did chkdsk /r and it did nothing. Still does the blue screen.

Can you recomend another way of doing it? Getting desperate...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online