Mirroring Outlook XP messages to web access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holymoly

I need to mirror messages that come into Outlook XP so that it copies the messages.

I' ll explain. Quite often I check messages through web mail. But once I open Outlook XP on the home desktop, when those messages are updated, they are deleted or gone when I next open the webmail.

I know there is a way in Outlook that will keep messages in both places.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi holymoly

In Outlook 2002:
Tools > E-mail Accounts
° View or change existing e-mail accounts
Next

Select the e-mail acount:
Change > More Settings button > Advanced tab
Place a check mark in: Leave a copy of messages on the server
Do this for both machines.

In one e-mail client, add a check mark for: Remove from server after xxx days
Or remember to login to the mail server and delete messages to avoid overfilling the mailbox.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online