1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MIS K7T Turbo 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swirl, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swirl

Swirl Thread Starter

A friend of mine has an MIS K7T Turbo 2 Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 1400 Mhz processor. Here is the issue. The motherboard has a jumper which enables either 200 front side bus or 266 front side bus. When the jumper is removed and is running at 266 front side bus, the processor is seen at the proper speed of 1400 Mhz, but the machine locks during the boot process right after the memory is recognized (correctly) but before the harddrive is recognized. If the front bus speed is set for 200 Mhz then the computer runs fine, but the processor is only seen as 1050 Mhz. Anyone have any ideas as to what can be done to rectify this little problem???

Thanks for your help!

2. flyeater

flyeater

I'm betting the cpu doesn't have 266MHz fsb but I'll check. That or of course the mobo doesn't support it.

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

I had this same problem last year.

how much memory does he have in the system? how many sticks? Are they the same kind or different?

If he has more than one, have him try it at 266 with just one stick of ram.

Incompatible memory sticks will cause this everytime.

The other thing is to check the cpu idle temp when it's running at 200 in the BIOS. if it's over 50C, your heatsink isn't installed right.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice