mischievous menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

swellfella

Right Clicking on any program (start/programs/anyprogram) in order to either create a deskstop shortcut, launch the program, uninstall, etc., I get a flash of the menu, a sec or two, sans text, then nothing. Hit it again, same thing. No other problems with menus, dialogs, etc. I can certainly accomplish these objectives in other ways, but why does this happen? What does it mean?

WinXp
AMD Anthlon(tm) 1700+ 1.5GHz
RADEON 7000 64MB
128MB RAM

bump
run these tools -spybot/adaware/spyware blaster [links below] see if that turns up anything. Then we'll see if u need a technical fix instead.

Check Control Panel, Taskbar and Start Menu, Start Menu tab, Customize button. Be sure that Drag and Drop is enabled.

err, if i can be bold, evandil to further add to your post :eek: .... [Can also just right click start button , then select properties]---after you go to customise, select the Advanced tab... then look in the list to left for above check.

swellfella

Thanks, guys (both of ya'll); I'm good to go. Ran the spyware util, Bo, anway; it was like goin' to the emergency room for a toothache and finding I got cancer! Whooa!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online