1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mislabeled .avi files?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kid8, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kid8

kid8 Thread Starter

i was having alot of trouble playing some .avi files that i have and so i searched around for different players and converters. i've come to the conclusion that the files are either mislabeled or corrupted in some way. the file names end with .avi.001 and .avi.002 and so on. if i click on properties they name the file type as "001 file". i'm thinking they must be just mislabled or something, i was wondering if you guys know how to fix this problem. do i just need to rename the files so they end with avi? any help would be appreciated.

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

u need a program called hjsplit to "join" the files into one .avi, that's why they all have an extension such as .avi.001; .avi.002 & so on...

3. kid8

kid8 Thread Starter

i don't have all the files though. i think it's a total of ten and i only have the first three. is there any way of viewing them withought having to join them all? i'm not so interested in getting the complete thing but if that's what it takes then i'll download the rest. i'm getting these through sendspace and they take a while for each and i have to download them one by one.

thanks for the response.

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

download, divx. www.divx.com, im not sure if it helps but it should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice