1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mismatched pass key

Discussion in 'Networking' started by damianhex211, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. damianhex211

damianhex211 Thread Starter

can not connect to private wifi signal even after entering pass key. keep getting a bubble saying i have pass key mismatch. windows 7?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

3. damianhex211

damianhex211 Thread Starter

I would but the router isa business based wifi signal and they give you the code. Im parked at a campsite with wifi. My cousins laptop picks up the signal and connects using the same pass key but I can't. She has a mac.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Delete the wireless profile, and then try again. That often works as well as the "dance" previously suggested.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/999935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice