MissDaizy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MissDaizy

I have a box full of still projector slides from my dad - Agrus 500 slide projector.
Where can I find information on putting these to disk?

Guyzer

Guy
MissDaizy said:
I have a box full of still projector slides from my dad - Agrus 500 slide projector.
Where can I find information on putting these to disk?
If you don't want to pay someone else to do it you will have to buy a scanner thats capable of scanning slides. They come with complete instructions for the most part so the rest will be easy. I am in the process of scanning a couple of shoe-boxes full and it's very time consuming.... but rewarding cuz I haven't seen them in 25 yrs or so.

MissDaizy

Thank you for your reply and info. One last question on this matter - where do I start looking for that special scanner and what might you suggest? I have a new lexmark fax, printer, scanner at present. I mostly want to put the pix on disk to send to family members. I guess I have about 800 slides.

Guyzer

Guy
You would need to buy a scanner that comes with a transparency adapter. It would be capable of scanning negatives and slides. In Canada I paid $140.00 for a Canon 5200F. It came with decent software and does the job just fine. You can take a look at some examples if you look in the "Photo Album" forum. I have posted some scanned-in pic's there in the last week or so. Alos, check to see if your scanner has an adapter you can buy. Good luck and have fun.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online