1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missed up Texts in programs!!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by DDZZ007, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

Hi, my computer is running on windows 98, and in programs such as norton system works and civilization 3. ALL the texts are missed up, some of them are close to the edge of the box, so I can't see the bottum half or top half of it, and others I can't see the first few letters of the word. And others, the text overlapse each other, most of the program that have text boxes to display information have this problem. Please help!

2. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

Is anyone gonna help me? It's been like a week and no one posted.

3. hewee

hewee

This site has went down Sunday and just now came back online so most don't yet know it is back up so hang in there and someone will help.

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

You say this is only in text boxes? Could you please take a screen shot if this and post it as an attachment here?

If I am reading this right, your regular Windows are ok?

5. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

sorry, the pic is too large to be posted on this forum. But yeah, the regular windows works fine, but some of the text in some programs are screwed up. Is this a common windows problem? because I've seen this show up on another computer before.

6. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I am not sure what and where. A picture would really help. If you could resize the picture and save it as a gif or jpg it would be small enough. If you are using paint and it won't save in that format, you might try another program. Irfanview
    It's a free graphics viewer and is excellent.
    www.irfanview.com
    Also, to take a screen shot of only the top (active) window and not the whole screen press ALT+Prt Scr
    The more details, the better. This is very sketchy. You said text boxes. Which programs? Is the problem in text boxes or in Windows? Does this happen only to text you read, or does it also happen when you type text?

7. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

Ok, I'll try to post it later. the programs it is missed up in includes the game civilizations 3, the words in the main menu are missed up, I can't see the whole first option, and some of the long ones only shows up part of it. and the advises the advisers gives you overlapse each other, so you see like "build a city" and "irragate" on top of each other, and it's difficult to read.

By text boxes, I mean like when you install a program or something, the gray text boxes'll pop up, you can see words in them that you can't select or change, those are the one that are missed up. and I could only see half of the bottum row, or is it the bottum row?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice