Missing Asms File and Reinstalling {4D36e965

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

El Gato Negro

I was recieving the missing ASMS while trying to do a repair for windows xp. I followed the instruction on http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q311755 . When I got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Test\ControlSet1\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

I accidently deleted the subfolders of {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
instead of the UPPERFILTERS and LOWERFILTERS registry keys . When I go to BIOS it says CD & DVD drive (not present) . Is there any way to repair the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} while in DOS? When i reboot I still go to the Welcomed screen of installing windows xp and get G:\I386 . Thank you in advance.

El Gato Negro

don't mean to bump the topic but just want to avoid spending over 200 bucks for a tech person to fix it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online