Missing audio driver?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

11Kebab

Hello,

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I just recently bought a Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 (PCI) card to replace my old ATI Rage 128 Pro (AGP) card.

I had to take out the old 128 Pro card in order to install the Radeon, and everything seemed to work perfectly until I realised I had NO SOUND.

I've launched HWiNFO32 and it says "unknown or none" under the audio tab.

Could it be that the 128 Pro card had some audio hardware within it?

According to my computer's reference site, (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/specs.htm#audio) the audio card is integrated; I'm assuming that means it shouldn't have been affected by the removal of the old video card, right?

"ADI SoundMAX 2.0 Integrated Audio Driver (ADI 1885 chip set)"

My computer: Dell Dimension 4100
- Pentium 3
- Win2000pro

Perhaps it is just an incompatibility issue between the Radeon and sound card? Would this be fixed by installing software, or would a new sound card be required?

If anyone could please guide me to a solution, I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks a lot. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online