1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing audio in Windows 7 after a system repair after bluescreens

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Homs, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Homs

Homs Thread Starter

Hello guys, this is my first post here and I would appreciate any help if any can be given.

The story goes like this, sometime last week my PC stopped working, a bluescreen would pop right after windows started, for which I did a system repar using the windows 7 32bits disk, this messed with all my drivers, it took me quite some time to get the wireless adapter working but I can't seem to get the audio to work.

In device manager, there is no "video, audio and gaming" category, instead in "system devices" I see "high definition audio controller" with a yellow sign, my audio is completely gone, its enabled in the BIOS, the current driver (as seen in driver details) is "hdaudbus.sys", I tried using windows driver update but it says its already the best choice, also I tried manualy installing Realtek audio driver fow Win732b and when its about to finish it says "The driver software failed to install"

The hardware ID for my sound card is this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_D6088086&REV_01

I tried uninstalling and installing in safe mode, doesnt work, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now. Please if you think of something let me know :)

2. dai

dai

3. Homs

Homs Thread Starter

Hum I downloaded that but there are just some files, I tried extracting them to my PC and use the "Update Driver" function and browsed to those files, still it says the best driver is allready installed >.<

4. dai

dai

run the m/board setup disk and then check the device manager for sound card listing

click on view at the top and then on show hidden devices

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice