Missing CD-Rom and CD-WR dirives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jds

I cannot access the drives on my computer. Have not used one for couple of weeks. WAs getting warning that device disbaled but never thought it to be the rom drives. There are yellow exclamation marks in device manager on both drives. Tried uninstalling but does not help. I am using XP pro. Please advise, how can I fix the problem.

JDS

Check in device manager and if found , delete then reboot..

jds

Tried it, but still same thing. Devices are back in the device manager, but with yellow exclamation marks.

JDS

Please verify in control panel, administrative tools / services that plug n play and windows installer are running.

As well are there any other objects like ide/atapi with exclamation points as well ?

jds

Thanks Motherboard!

Plug and play as well as windows installer are running. I tried connecting an external rom drive using firewire 1394 interface. The computerdoes not see it. When I replace the external rom drive with a hard drive, it sees OK. The only places the yellow exclamation is on the rom drives and there is also only one more in sound video and game controller marked against unknown device. I have an ATI 7500 graphic card.

When I uninstall the rom drive, the system tells me that new hardware found and wizard tells me that new rom drive installed but with yellow exclamation mark on the side.

JDS

jds

Thanks folks!

I copied Windows cd on a hard drive, conected externally via usb port and reinstalled windows. All is back to normal.

jds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online