1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Clipart in Word 2007 Document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Mach1cobra, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mach1cobra

Mach1cobra Thread Starter

I saved a Word 2007 document from Outlook Express to my computer. When I open it in Word 2007 on my desktop it appears fine. When I open it in Word 2007 on my laptop the clipart images appear appear blank. Both systems are running XP.

Any ideas how to see my images?

2. cherry pie

cherry pie

Try changing Word settings in the laptop to display pictures. Click the "Office Button" Choose "Word Options", Click "Advanced" Scroll down to "Show Document Contents" Check the "Show Drawings and text boxes on screen". Restart Word and see if this works.

3. Mach1cobra

I checked those settings and they were already set to view. I unchecked them, restarted Word, re-checked them and restarted Word again just to make sure, but alas, no difference... thx anyway.

Any other ideas?

4. cherry pie

cherry pie

Just a question... is this problem only for this one document? have you tried copying other documents?
    Also try creating a document in your laptop and importing cliparts and pictures and see if they appear propertly

5. Mach1cobra

I've been through 100's of documents on both computers and there has only been 1 other that gave me trouble. Most of the document was missing on the laptop. But that one was awhile ago and I can't remember whether it was clipart, text or picture boxes, or what!

6. cherry pie

cherry pie

I guess that means there's no problem with word in the laptop but rather with that document.

Try (on your desktop) copying and pasting the whole document in a fresh word document and save it. then try running it on your laptop and see what happens

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice