1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing context menu item

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chikid68, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chikid68

chikid68 Thread Starter

somehow on my machine I have lost the right click ability to end to desktop (create shortcut) .
    I can still choose the other objects like floppy or either of my hard drives.
    How can I get the send to desktop option back . this pc has several user profiles and we usually share programs although all desktops are separate,so as you can see we need the ability to create desktop shortcuts.
    My Os is win 98 ifthat has any relavance
    thanks in advance

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Well, one way is to get into the Windows Explorer and add it. Go to start, programs,
    windows explorer, and enter. When there, on the left menu click on the plus next to the
    c: drive, and then click on the plus next to windows, and navigate down to 'send to' and
    hilight it. It will show you a list on the right of what's in your 'send to' folder. You can go
    to 'file' at the top left and add a new folder or shortcut to the desktop...

3. chikid68

chikid68 Thread Starter

It worked like a charm thank you very much for the prompt and correctr reply (y) (y) :) :D :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice