1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing Desktop Icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by theborg, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theborg

theborg Thread Starter

Hi there every month is use a utility called eusing to clean my laptop never had a problem before that is up to now.when i rebooted my laptop all my icons were missing which has never happened before does anyone know how i can restore them the show desktop icon is ticked i had a look i tried gpedit.msc also could not make it work please help i cant use my laptop like i used to many thx regards Mark.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    this "eusing" is a registry cleaner they tend to do more damage than good.

If this program has an undo, then I would use that to get back to where you were.

Once there, I would STOP using ANY registry cleaner.
    Also uninstall this eusing.

plodr likes this.
  3. theborg

theborg Thread Starter

Many thx for the reply i have learnt my lesson i will delete it the program does have a (restore previous registry option) which puts all that is deleted into a backup file but sorry to say i had a look and its empty. there is a tech support option on this but i dont know if its safe to e-mail them i know this web site is ok what do you think should i e-mail them thanks Mark

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Yes, I would email them, but do not mention anything about removing their product.
    If you do, they then just may not help you get things working as they should.

5. theborg

theborg Thread Starter

Hi Dave just to let you know i have sent the e-mail waiting for a reply but i think i have restored about 50% myself i went to my downloads file and done a reinstall and i am happy to say i have done some i now have the icon back on the desktop so thats good news one or two i cant figure out how to create an icon as i have the Big Fish Games in my taskbar but cant get a icon for it anyway hope i get a reply soon cheers

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  7. theborg

theborg Thread Starter

Hi Plodr thx for the help and the link just tried it and all is 100% many thanks

8. theborg

theborg Thread Starter

HI dave, just to let you know i have reinstalled all my missing desktop icons from my download file its took me 1/2 a day but everything is ok now many thx for your help

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice