Missing Desktop Icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theborg

Hi there every month is use a utility called eusing to clean my laptop never had a problem before that is up to now.when i rebooted my laptop all my icons were missing which has never happened before does anyone know how i can restore them the show desktop icon is ticked i had a look i tried gpedit.msc also could not make it work please help i cant use my laptop like i used to many thx regards Mark.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
this "eusing" is a registry cleaner they tend to do more damage than good.

If this program has an undo, then I would use that to get back to where you were.

Once there, I would STOP using ANY registry cleaner.
Also uninstall this eusing.

theborg

Many thx for the reply i have learnt my lesson i will delete it the program does have a (restore previous registry option) which puts all that is deleted into a backup file but sorry to say i had a look and its empty. there is a tech support option on this but i dont know if its safe to e-mail them i know this web site is ok what do you think should i e-mail them thanks Mark

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes, I would email them, but do not mention anything about removing their product.
If you do, they then just may not help you get things working as they should.

theborg

Hi Dave just to let you know i have sent the e-mail waiting for a reply but i think i have restored about 50% myself i went to my downloads file and done a reinstall and i am happy to say i have done some i now have the icon back on the desktop so thats good news one or two i cant figure out how to create an icon as i have the Big Fish Games in my taskbar but cant get a icon for it anyway hope i get a reply soon cheers

theborg

Hi Plodr thx for the help and the link just tried it and all is 100% many thanks

theborg

HI dave, just to let you know i have reinstalled all my missing desktop icons from my download file its took me 1/2 a day but everything is ok now many thx for your help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online