Missing Desktop Icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jwright132

I was running Windows ME on my PC, and was getting several crashes and freezes, so I installed Windows XP, for 30 days and it helped with the freezes and crashing, but the software expired, and when I tried uninstalling XP I could not, so I re-installed XP, but this time after it was finish There was no icons on my desktop, and the add\remove program was empty. I can seem to get my desktop with all the links it had before, and some of my programs like Norton antivirus will not run. Can you please advise on any steps you think I can take to solve this problem.

Thanks

John Wright

oooh.... watch the double posting, much frowned upon here---in fact delete this one/via edit button, and follow the other post you have.

Never tried this but found this tip.

Restoring a Lost Desktop

Submitted 3/15/00

If you ever lose the Desktop but Explorer is still running with the Start Button,
you can do this to bring back your Desktop in a Windows box.

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type a period " . "
4. Then press Enter

moderator may want to be called to attention on this double post by jwright as confusion starting......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts