missing DLL.CTHOOK file what does that mean??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EvanEvie11

Everytime i turn my laptop on ERROR STARTING PROGRAM: missing DLL.CTHOOK file pops up. i can use everything else, such as Microsoft Word, etc, but everytime i try to connect to the internet it freezes and i have to end task, uninstall AOL and then reinstall AOL everytime so i can get on. i am very confused and don't know what to do. HELP!!

Dana

Start by getting "SpyBot S&D" run it and get it to fix all it finds, then get "Hijack This" run it and post the log file here and someone will look at it.

I had exactly the same problem and scoured the internet for ages looking for an answer. Nothing worked. I finally fixed it by installing Registry Mechanic from www.download.com.

I purchased Registry Mechanic and it has helped me out of loads of scrapes since.

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts