1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing dll file for Mcafee

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vette, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette

vette Thread Starter

When I try to open Mcafee virus scan a missing file message pops up (Program Files/Mcafee/Mcafee virusscan/Res 00/Web ScanX dll) ,one of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found Res00. The specified resource language ID cannot be found in the image file.

Running windows 98 on a Pentium 350. Any suggestions how to fix the error message?
    vette

2. Denim

Denim

My suggestion is to Uninstall McCaffees ( to put it very nicely ) .And install Nortons. Not only is it a LOT better Virus scanner , But you wont have any Problems at all like you do with Mc Crappies.... oops McCaffee's. But that is just my personal opinon tho.
    Nortons is the Only thing that I have ever used and will ever use in any of my systems. And I aint never gotten a virus or Nothing yet with Nortons, But have known some people that have with McCaffees. (aka McCrappies) Just my opinion tho.
    Denim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice