1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Missing dll

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by n2ts, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2ts

n2ts Thread Starter

I am currently having a problem running steam games, up until two days ago everything was fine but now i keep getting this..
    [​IMG]
    Two games won't run at all, i get a glimpse of a window stating preparing to start and then nothing.
    The top left corner of the error message seems to change, I had one that stated there was a problem with Nvidia so I updated the drivers, I have no idea what this latest one is for.
    I downloaded and installed the latest verson of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 64bit and 32bit
    and also the missing dll file and copied it to windows system32, still no joy.
    Short of reinstalling windows is there anything else I could try ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor , AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16348 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476834 MB, Free - 354360 MB; D: Total - 131520 MB, Free - 52203 MB; E: Total - 43373 MB, Free - 43229 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 970A-D3P, x.x, To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. n2ts

n2ts Thread Starter

Some further info one site mentioned registering the system 32 dll file using the cmd “regsvr32 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll”, i haven't done this as I'm not sure if it' safe to do so.

3. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You could try to de-install C++, reboot, then reinstalling C++ 2015.
    I'm pretty sure that error is associated with it. There also may be a version specific to your games in the downloads you did.
    As for registering the dll? That should not be an issue. As long as you know the file you're trying to register is indeed from Microsoft.

As always. Make sure you do a backup and create a restore point before you make any major changes.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice