1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bill Arnold, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill Arnold

Bill Arnold Thread Starter

I have windows 98 and want to install AOL. When 98 comes up, message " A required .dll file, MS09.dll, was not found. AOL says this keeps me from aol install. How do I fix this problem? Thanks, Bill I am communicating this via another PC with Aol.

2. Bill Arnold

3. brindle

brindle

Whats the exact error message? A google search tells me mso9.dll is for office 2000, did you ever have win2000 on your computer? Why do you want to install ao***l?

4. brindle

brindle

Bill as your e-mail pertained to your thread it should of been posted so anyone following along will see the progress. I am only asking some preliminary question and my be of no help.
    Is this showing at boot? no mention of system.ini? What about my other questions?
    e-mail me anytime you want...
    you can D\L mso9.dll here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mso9.

Exact error message is: A required .DLL file,MS09.DLL,was not found

5. Bill Arnold

Office 2000 was on this system along with other stuff which I uninstalled. It was after all these uninstalles that I have this problem. I get the message MS09.Dll not found after boot up and on desktop screen.

6. brindle

brindle

I was hoping you'd say that. there is still remnants of office 2000 on your computer. do a file find for the program and mso9.dll. Also search the registry for it and delete all examples found. I'm not familiar with 2000 so don't know if it would be hidden or not.

7. Bill Arnold

Problem resolved through Microsoft help. Some program called "Fast Find" had to be deleted to fix this missing DLL problem. Thanks for the help. Bill

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice