1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing dll's in cache, optical drive won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rdj120, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdj120

rdj120 Thread Starter

I lost my XP CD and had problems. So I took my pc to the local electronic's megastore with a tech dept. They reinstalled XP for me and when I tryed to install the software for my printer, I found that my optical drive didn't work. It briefly detects the CD, but won't load it to the drive. I ran sfc / scannow and found it demanded my OS CD to repair missing dll files to cache. So, I got a CD for XP Pro service pack 3 for refurbished PCs.(I still have my key code) Now, when it asks for my Win XP Pro service pack 3 CD, the drive doesn't detect the CD for repair or a complete reinstall. Is there a way out of this hall of hell?

2. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

Are you sure they actually reinstalled or OS, or maybe they took you for a ride?

It seems odd that they reinstalled your OS, but now you're missing Windows XP files.

3. rdj120

rdj120 Thread Starter

The thought occured to me. I'm going to talk to the manager tomorrow. I'm going to make them fix this, or try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!