Missing drivers for hardware(most notably the GPU)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hivoyer

Hello, after installing Windows 8.1 x64 on ASUS-G750JZ-T4039D with an Nvidia GeForce 880M GPU, I can only run on the Intel HD option. The nvidia GPU isn't being recognized and I don't even have an nvidia control panel. I've attached a screenshot. The Nvidia website just keeps offering me some Grand Theft Auto driver that I don't need. I'm not sure what to do, after deleting it from device manager and clicking scan for new hardware it just appears the same way again. How do I get the drivers and the nvidia control panel?

Attachments

i do believe that this laptop is meant for windows 7 home premium 64 bit. there are no drivers for that video card compatible with windows 8.1... im guessing you cant get your resolution to its native setting as well?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
download this driver
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb...34752.zip?_ga=1.40453930.988022078.1430605388

it is a zip file
Save as that to your desktop
when saved right click and extract all - again to the desktop
Leave it there

download this driver
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb...1027.zip?_ga=1.203900568.988022078.1430605388

That is also a zipfile do the same with that driver

Then REBOOT the computer

Go to the unzipped chipset driver folder open it and click the setup file
the last on the list.

Follow the instructions
REBOOT the computer

Go back to the desktop open the Nvidia folder
click the setup file - next to last I think you will find
Follow instructions

if all is well
REBOOT and check

come back if Network controller is still shown as problem or indeed of course any other problem

Those drivers are the Win 8.1 64 bit from the Asus site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online