1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing drivers Toshiba Satellite M40

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nuttynikki, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuttynikki

nuttynikki Thread Starter

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP ME PLEASE?
    I am no computer buff and know a few basics but not much else. I bought my son a Toshiba Satellite M40 PSM40L really cheap and got it home to find that it was infected. I have replaced the hardrive and reinstalled windows xp but I am unable to connect to the internet. When I took a look at the deice manager I found a series of qusetion marks under other devices i.e. ethernet controller, Mass storage controller, Multimedia Audio controller, network controller, PCI Modem, Unknown device, Video controller (VGA compatible)
    My brother in law seems to think that these drivers are missing but I do not know how to begin to find them and have been going around in circles all day trying to fix the problem.
    If anyone has any advice then I would very much appreciate it.

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. nuttynikki

nuttynikki Thread Starter

I have spoken to Toshiba who say that this is not a UK spec notebook and that it was purchased in Hong Kong. I have been on the Toshiba website here in the uk but my model number M40 PSM40L is not listed and I really don't know where else to look nor do I really know what I am looking for????????? I need help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!