Missing Drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cracker224

I recently did a HD wipe and reinstalled windows and now the Video Controller (VGA Compatible) says it doesnt have the right drivers. There are also problems with Mass Storage Controller and SM Bus Controller. Its not a major issue but the screen seems to strech and blur.. Also some programs will not run that need full screen.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000, Motherboard - Quanta 3093, BIOS Version: F.13 (if you need more info just ask)

Any help or suggestions??!!??

Thanks,
Kieren

cracker224

Thanks for quick reply, yeh its a laptop, and i have windows XP.

EDIT: Im going on the site now and no i didnt get any cds with the laptop.

To access the "system recovery" program of HP computers, tap F10 during the boot process. Keep tapping, about once a second.

CPQ computers might use the same scheme, if the CPQ was built after HP purchased CPQ.

Best of success.
Sincerely,
RF123

cracker224

it doesnt have a system recovery option. anyway im gonna go to sleep (1st day of school tomorrow..)

Is there some sort of auto detection and downloading/updating tool for drivers??? (not windows update)

Good night

cracker224

the site didnt have anything useful. any other sites that might have driver downloads??

bearone2

Banned
cracker224 said:
it doesnt have a system recovery option. anyway im gonna go to sleep (1st day of school tomorrow..)

Is there some sort of auto detection and downloading/updating tool for drivers??? (not windows update)

Good night
nope. if it's like my sons dell desktop i had to download specific drivers for chipset, video, sound and nic card for his specific machine.:cool:

cracker224

the site didnt have anything useful. any other sites that might have driver downloads??

cracker224

Suggestions for optimizing

Your computer may be operating slower than usual. Your hard drive requires defragmenting. » More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM Bus Controller: Device has a problem » More information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Controller (VGA Compatible): Device has a problem » More information

Mass Storage Controller: Device has a problem » More information

Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC: Device is disabled » More information

Serial: Device has a problem » More information

To test the individual hardware components in your device, proceed to the hardware diagnostics.

Updates for Driver, Bios and Software

Driver: Synaptics Touchpad -Version: 8.3.8Mp6 - Click here to view the release note. »Click here to download

To test the individual hardware components in your device, proceed to the hardware diagnostics.

there are no links to downloads, exceptt the Touchpad one.

I think i have already downloaded the BIOS upgrade, the touchpad one,

ill reinstall just to be sure ;)

cracker224

The drivers for this device are not installed.
Try to reinstall the driver. If that does not work, try removing the device from Device Manager and using the Add New Hardware wizard to redetect it. You may need to obtain updated drivers if the error still occurs.

thats what it says to do.

I don't know if this will be of any help or not but there's a site www.driveragent.com that has a zillion different drivers for download. The big drawback is that it costs $29.95 for a year's subscription but the good news is that it will (at least) scan your system for free and tell you which drivers are okay or if you need any updated drivers. If you want, you can email me and I'll give you my info to get in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online