1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mindblowing, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mindblowing

mindblowing Thread Starter

hi i am new to this forum for the last 2 days and hrs been trying to find and download all drivers for my computer. i wiped out computer because of virus and re-installed windows xp but can't download any games for my daughter it says i need direct 3d device and all that, tried to download net framework, sat there for hrs and at the end computer said couldn't find it. i would like to know is it extremely easy to get this all back because i have no sound coming from speakers i called ibm they gave me a migr with no. to down load all drivers and i cant find it can some one help me. be nice im new

2. Electron2418

Electron2418

Hi what graphic card are you using? NVIDIA or ATI? Try to download driver from their site and install it. Also you could download new direct X from microsoft website.

3. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

what make and model of IBM is your machine?
    If you have a spec that also may be useful

4. mindblowing

hi what do you mean make and model where would i find this info. It says think centre. pls and sorry

5. mindblowing

what do you mean electron. what graphic card am i using how would i find that

6. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

7. mindblowing

would it be MT-M 8212-MUS would that be it. Remember im computer illiterate

8. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

depends, does it look similiar to this
    [​IMG]

9. mindblowing

thank you i found the no. so now i most likly need everythingi have no sound i cant play games ect... will this give me 3d device direct x so now what do i look for after i hit the no. that brings up my computer there is so much i dont know what to download and what to stay away from thank you for your patience with me.

10. mindblowing

yes almost exact ecept for buttons in different spots

11. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

just download and install all the ones next to "windows XP" under each sections, however miss out the Bios and don't bother with anything under product centre heading.
    A couple of them you may not need, but the computer will warn you of these if you try to install them and the hardware is not there.

this should then once downloaded let you install all correct drivers for sound and graphics right through to networking.

As far as directX is concerned goto
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
    to download and install

12. mindblowing

ok justwant to make sure i correctly understand. No to (productivity center) but yes to client security solution, rescue and Recovery, P.C. Doctor Lenovo tool box, Lenovo thinkvantage toolbox, quick test and data disposable. And does it look like this Adi sound Max on board audio driver
    windows vista-----------------27 aug 2007
    v4aud12us17
    -------------------------------------------------
    windows xp,2000-------------24 aug 2007
    Q4aud24us13
    and i would click on the one with xp and click the highlight blue one. i think i only saw 1 that said productivity center then under neath it was client security ect..... sorry again just don't want to not mess up.

13. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in

Display Adapters

Network Adapters

Other devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

Advise what's listed in each heading.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you do a clean install of XP Home, XP Professional, or XP Media Center Edition?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

14. mindblowing

not sure a friend did it for me

15. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

Don't bother with anything below productivity centre, including security soloution etc.
    don't bother downloading anything else onthe page below productivity centre.

Yes click on the Blue link beside all the drivers listed with Xp as thier operating system.
    then click on the files themselves on the next pages also in blue to download them.

Download everything above productivity centre with Xp as the operating system except BIOS and install all the files, as i mentioned before, if the hardware is not there for the driver you are installing, the system will tell you so when you try and install it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!