1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing dvd drive from windows and bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eathan580, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eathan580

eathan580 Thread Starter

i booted my Advent K100 laptop up and found that the dvd drive is not listed or registered any where in windows or under bios. power is still getting to the drive because it will still eject but it wont do anything else. i cant reinstall windows or anything because it requires the dvd drive and its being not detected under bios or windows.

can anyone help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You can try pulling it out and pushing it back in but if it does not show in the bios or Windows, you probably need a new drive...oh you can also reset the bios to optimized defaults as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!