Missing file System.INI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bblu4u

When I sign on I get this message:

C:\Progra^1Symantec\Symevnt.386 is missing, that if I want to re-install the program.... I have re-installed Windows and took out aol and re-installed it and I still get this message, can someone tell me how to fix this problem..
Thanks Alot

remove all norton products, then delete all norton folders in programs file folder, then reinstall windows

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Run REGEDIT

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
If the right window, scroll until you find C:\Program Files\Symantec\SYMEVNT.386
Select it, right mouse, delete

Browse to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\SYMEVNT
Select it, right mouse, delete

There is no reason to reinstall Windows.

BTW I "presume" that you have just uninstalled Norton Antivirus????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online