1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing File when Reinstalled MS WORKS 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by joelleph, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joelleph

joelleph Thread Starter

My MS WORKS 2000 began "acting up" so I've reinstalled it. I received the following message during the install and would like to know if I should worry about it or not.
    Missing Key 'Oracle Name" in C:\MSSETUP.T\~MDAC.T\odbckey.info

I was downloading from the original disk.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Joelle

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. joelleph

joelleph Thread Starter

I'm having serious printing problems. It prints about 1/2 a page then the rest of my document is blank.

I already checked the updates and have been searching for the missing file...no luck so far.

Joelle

4. SemmySweet

SemmySweet

You referenced "'Oracle Name" in C:\MSSETUP.T\~MDAC.T\odbckey.info" are you running an oracle database? Or do you even have a database on your system? Oracle is not a part of Microsoft Office, but ODBC is a database function. If you have Oracle on the system you might want to uninstall and reinstall that as well. Start as clean as you can on an install. Scroll through add and remove programs and search for all of the office products. Don't do the updates until you have a fully functional MS Office. Hope this helps.

5. joelleph

joelleph Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice