1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

missing file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by myeloma, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. myeloma

myeloma Thread Starter

WindowsME. PackardBell IConnect 1200. Following a clumsy uninstalling of Norton AV200, and instaltionn of Norton AV 2000 I now get this message when booting up.Error Starting Program. The LITESCAN.DLL file is linked to a missing export DEC2.DLL:[email protected]@YAJPBDOPAPAVIDecO)[email protected]@Z. I know that LITESCAN is Norton AV. I the missing export is something to do with video graphics. Windows Media Player appears to work. I have also tried to find the file by going tp start..extract file, but after that I am lost. Any advice would be gratefully received

Ken Jones

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Errors like that usually indicate version conflicts. Try doing a Search for the file dec2.dll. Is it there? Try renaming or deleting it then remove and reinstall NAV again.

Davey has also brought to my attention that the dec2.dll file can be corrupted or deleted by a particular virus:

http://www.ntsecurity.net/Panda/Index.cfm?FuseAction=Virus&virusID=232

But I would try renaming that file and reinstalling NAV considering the context of the error.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Roger
    Thanks for jumping in.......wanted to take the young guy shopping for Moms Christmas present.
    Dave

4. myeloma

myeloma Thread Starter

This is are referal. Windows ME>PBIConnect1200. Smart Restore on hard drive.I made a mess os uninstallinf Norton200AV and replacing it with the 2002 version. I now get this message on booting up"Error Starting Program. The LITESCAN.DLL file is linked to a missing export DEC2.DLL: [email protected]@[email protected]@Z." As sugested I Have deleted the file dec2ll, have unistalled and reinstalled Norton AV2002 without sucess. The web page relating to the panda virus does not appear to be available. I dont think it is a virues however. Is there anything else I can try please.
    Christmas Wishes.
    Ken Jones

5. brianF

brianF

Merged new thread to old, please respond to the original thread for continuity

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Do another Find Files for dec2.dll. If it is there then the virus referenced would not be an issue, since it would be deleting it.

If there is more than one version present, try renaming one or the other to see if it is a version problem.

If you are installing from a CD-Rom, try this: go the the CD-Rom's Device Manager>Properties>Settings page and uncheck DMA mode. Then remove and reinstall Norton again.

If none of this helps, the only other recourse I can suggest is through Symantec Support....

The "search" page here may point you to something relevant if you enter "litescan" or "dec2.dll" to access "knowledge base" links. But I think you may need to email them directly about this, as it does not seem to be specifically covered.

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/

You may need to do some registry editing to remove prior references to the old install before the new one will work:

http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPOR...6498430134e3cbf2882567d6006811f6?OpenDocument

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice