missing files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BadDracula

where can I download
iecont.dll (sys info says its missing
iecontlc.dll sys info says it is missing
ie.uint.inf sys says it "not available"

is it because iecont.dll is missing why I have probs with links from what I have gathered from some websites. Does Microsoft have these (ddd files for download?? Well they should. I have been having IE6 probs and wonder if these files may have something to do with it. Also at times I cannot get beyond my welcome screen and have to turn off the puter to reboot. I was thinking of memory but have found out the mem for this Dell Dimension 8200 is hard to find and once found is super expensive since its not used anymore, Microcenter had it (rambus) for 300 BUCKS!! anyway it probly is IE 6 I am a little trpiditious about a whole ie 6 replace ment or repair I really don't care to reformat if I mess up.
awaiting you awesome peeps replies on this. :D thanks; Bad

BadDracula

I meant does microsoft have dll files to d/l? I am tired just got in from woik. sorry Bad :D

jrbuergel

Jim
System file checker will scan for missing and/ or corrupt windows files, which include the Internet Explorer too. Click your start, run, then type in; sfc /scannow , and have the XP CD ready to put in to copy needed system files from.

BadDracula

xp came pre installed I only have the one disk Dell provided for reinstalling the mirror.
On the .dll place it says there is spyware involved, is it safe?? Bad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online