1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Missing folder in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by WazzaSA, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WazzaSA

WazzaSA Thread Starter

Hi there All

Hope that you will understand what i am trying to tell you.

Ok, this user has a laptop and he is using microsoft outlook 2003. he connects to an exchanger server. he is also using a PST file.

Now he created new folders where he would organise his emails. The one folder, lets call it "Jack" is now missing. we can not find it anywhere. In Outlook you have that find function. Well i run that function searching for emails that belonged in that folder. All of them come up but i can not see where they are placed now. Those emails belong in the "Jack" folder but i can't find the "Jack" folder.

Can anyone help me on this? is there a way to see where a message is from in the find function???

Thank you and hope you understand.

2. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Now search the c: drive for *.pst

By default the folder(s) are created in a hidden folder which may be why you can't find them.

You could also go to File, Data file management and scroll down the list to see where the folder is or was.

3. WazzaSA

WazzaSA Thread Starter

Hi there,

Thanks for gettign back to me but that is not the problem i have. i can fine the PST file. When i open Outlook it opens the PST File. The problem is the missing folder within Outlook's PST file. i have tried to insert a picture to show you what i mean. the folder circled in Red is missing in his Outlook.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Thanks again

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• max.gif
      max.gif
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
  4. JonDopl

JonDopl

Andre call me ,please ! Or my ICQ - 25634874 .Sorry for offtop î:( .
    Regards.

5. WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

A lot of times folders get moved inside other folders. Do you see a "+" sign beside one of the other folders. If so, open it and look inside there and that might be where the Jake folder is.

6. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Hi WazzaSA, I've been away, sorry for the delay in responding.

If this is still unresolved let me know.

From what I can see in the picture you are telling me the folder you circled is missing but yet I see it there. So are you telling me the files within the folder are gone?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522728